1946 Ford Jailbar Pickup for Sale
Ford Jailbar pickup
Manufactured between 1942 to 1947 this 1946 Jailbar Ford recently restored, has been painstakingly rebuilt to a stunning condition. Selling below this vehicles restoration costs, one built today to this standard, will cost substantially more.
Here is a break down of what the car consists of and what was done.
- The engine is a 351 Windsor V 8 completely overhauled and fitted with an Edelbrock head.
- The car has a Jaguar XJ6 suspension fitted front and back, which was completely re done.
- The gearbox is a C4 3 speed
- Holly Carburettors are fitted.
- Seats re upholstered in genuine leather.
- 17" Foose Rims are fitted.
- The load bin covered with varnished wood and stainless steel rails.
The predecessor to the F Series Pickups; the Jailbar Pickups were made from 1942-47 (before and after the war) Known for their Jailbar looking grille, they were more truck like than earlier pickups, they had heavy hood molding and side hood louvers. Options included rear shocks, a heater, right-hand wiper, right-side taillamp, sliding rear window, duck-covered seats, and an oil bath air cleaner.
mostly running 239 Flathead V8s