1960 Jaguar XK150 Drop Head Coupe 3.8L
This car is licenced and has a Heritage Certificate, this is not a matching numbers car as a new head has been fitted, the owner has the original head which would have to be restored if fitted. The engine number was on the Head for these cars.
After manufacture the car went to a Jaguar dealer in America, The current owner and restorer imported the car from the USA and had it converted to right hand drive.
He did the following on the car.
- A nut and bolt restoration was done. He has pictures of the restoration process.
- The motor was rebuilt by Vorlaufer Cars in Johannesburg.
- The Gear box was checked.
- Brakes done including new linings, and new lines
- New tyres fitted.
- Wheels laced and chromed
- New Honey Combe radiator fitted.
- New wiring harness fitted.
- Interior completely redone, new upholstery, carpets and roof lining
- New soft top fitted.
- On this car a new Aluminium tank was fitted.
- Fuel Pump refurbished.